Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Makeup Stash - 6 months later

I've been meaning to do this post and the time is now! It has been 6 months since I started blogging and showed you my beginner's stash. See HERE to be like... "That was it?!" lol

At the moment, I keep my makeup in these bags, in drawers in the bathroom except for the BB creams and primer which stay in my DIY Glossybox drawers.



Here are my BB creams (Marcelle, Etude House, Skinfood Good Afternoon, Skinfood Aloe, L'Oreal, Missha, Maybelline), my primers (Missha BB Boomer, Avon Magix, Mirabella) along with the Mai highlighter sheets, old foundation and old concealer (on their way out)

This is my favourite part of my stash I think. Maybe because it's practically all new and bought and chosen by me based on what I wanted and needed.

My 2 palettes:

My eyeshadows. I want to give the quad and trio ones a good try to see if I like them at all. If not, they're out because they've been around for too long. That large pencil one down there too could be a goner if I don't find a decent way to wear it. It fades so easily and so far I don't find it looks good at all so it's on the chopping block.


My blushes, bronzers, powder and brushes. I also have a brush in my Quo palette (similar to the one here). I really need to get some more variety in brushes because I'm having a hard time applying eye makeup.



Missing from this picture is a product I love, my loose powder kohl from Saudi Arabia.
There are my mascaras (first 4 are opened, last 4 are unopened) and my eyeliners. Great Lash and Cargo sample are on their way out. The NYC liner is total crap and I'll give it to my daughter to draw with on paper or something. lol


Lip products. 
Lip balms on top (missing a few which are at my work place and backups of the Burt's Bees, Neutrogena and Julep ones, stashed somewhere), lip tar on the same row.
Lip glosses (first 4, second row), lipstick/lipgloss duos, lipsticks (with the last 2 being on their way out for being really horrible colours)
Last row is 2 glosses (unused that a friend gave me), lip shimmer, 2 Baby Lips (Maybelline), 2 Revlon lip butters, 3 Revlon lipstains, a lip pencil and some sort of lip product by Avon at the end (given to me unused by friend).
Missing my Julep lip lacquer because it leaks when tilted...

There we go, this is my makeup stash as of now. It has grown exponentially, as someone in my comments predicted. It is still growing despite my "no-buy" because my personal guidelines allow buying products that I have none of, like a highlighter, different blush colour, brushes, matte lipstick, coloured eyeliners.

I have a question for you guys? What is MAKEUP for you? What is your personal stash for you? A collection, an obsession, all for use? Thanks for answering!

13 comments:

  1. hehe when i read that line "It has grown exponentially, as someone in my comments predicted", i was like - wait that's me!!
    haha your collection looks great! you definitely have more BB creams than i do :)

    my makeup is hmmm an obsessive collection (yeah i just combined those two choices) - i buy with the intent of using it all but sometimes it just doesn't happen. more often than not, i rediscover products i've completely forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least that's a nice discovery. Buy it and be excited, then forget about it, then find it and be excited hehe

      Delete
  2. youve got a lot of lip products ! i will totally reccomend that you check out e.l.f brushes, they are super cheap but the eye brushes are amazing quality and the elf studio line is great for face brushes ! x

    busyxbees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to show what you have and to keep yourself on track. I love that middle brush what kind is it and where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I got it at Winners and I know that even if I use it often, I don't really like it afterall... It's extremely soft and floppy so it widens up way too much. Forget the brand of it though!

      Delete
  4. Yeah...I have waaaaaay more! LOL! I think you've got a great stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! i definitely have to go through my stash - i recently tossed a whole bunch of old products but i'm not diligent enough with getting rid of stuff even though i don't like or use it anymore. i don't really think of my makeup as a "collection" - i tend to buy a lot of products just "to try" and it's hard for me to pass up a good deal. my stash isn't huge but it grew rapidly last year so i need to be more discerning and thoughtful about the products i buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! your collection really has expanded! The BB cream collection is way bigger than mine, lovely stuff! And the lipsticks! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely like the BB creams a lot. The L'Oreal I didn't even open yet and the Missha I tried only one time. lol It's definitely more than I could use over a year and a half or so!

      Delete
  7. your collection looks great!! i totally remember that first post! I think that this is a good place for you to be, without getting out of control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at this point I only want to add a few more things like a different blush, a highlighter, powder and coloured eyeliner but I feel pretty complete with lip products, eyeshadows, BB creams.

      Delete
  8. Love your beauty stash! I have quite a few of the same items as you do from our similar beauty box subscriptions hehe :). What are your favorites? :)

    ReplyDelete