Wednesday, October 17, 2012

MaskerAide Detox Diva Sheet Mask REVIEW


I got the MaskerAide Detox Diva sheet mask in this month's Topbox (see full post HERE) and this was the most exciting thing for me in that box, so much that I tried it on that same night. I normally take a couple days to "process" my samples. I don't know why but it takes me all sorts of energy to mentally process the new samples that I have to try and figure out a game plan on when to use them and how to get the most out of them. I'm kind of weird about this stuff AND I have mom-brain which makes everything harder to think about. But this mask - I used it  THE SAME DAY :)

It's not glamorous:


But it's Oh-So worth it!

Application and general "feel"

It's completely soaked in serum-like liquid when it comes out which is great. It was tricky to unfold the mask but not frustratingly so and it sticks on the face super-well because of how wet it is. This is like a slippery type of wet but not gooey... There was excess serum on my hands after putting on the mask which I used on my neck and chest as suggested.

The stuff felt a little bit sticky as it was absorbing and drying but once my skin was dry it was just soft with no trace of excess stickiness. 

Result

My skin felt so freakin' supple and soft after this mask and the feeling still exists 2 days later. I would say this product is a WINNER based on that. I seriously have not felt my skin this soft in a very long time and I'm really very impressed with this mask.

Additional benefit was that I still had some serum left in the packet which I kept and was able to use today to keep the mask's effects going. :D

Bottom line: An easy-to-use, no mess, no hassle AND very effective mask to help skin become more even, hydrated, supple and soft. 




13 comments:

  1. candice, where is this sold? would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to try all of them 1 day.
    http://www.maskeraide.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. though $5 is too pricy for me at this time

      Delete
    2. That's true, it's quite pricey. I bought a bunch of Asian ones that are between 1.30$ and 3.00$ and I will see if the higher price is worth this mask or if I will end up sticking to the Asian ones...

      I still think this one is worth trying for 5$ because of the amazing job it did for me.

      Delete
    3. I have only heard good things from them so far. One day I will try, hopefully they will become available in stores soon vs online.

      Delete
  3. I love sheet masks, but maskeraide is a little too expensive for me at $5 per one use mask. I have a korean beauty shop I go to, or even Pacific mall in Markham that sell similar masks at 10 for $10. But I love the packaging and the graphics of Maskeraide!

    Samantha
    Nailartcouture
    I did halloween nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true about the price... I can only compare it to the 2.39$% Freeman sheet mask from Walmart that I tried recently and compared to that one (even though I liked it well enough) it is worth the 5$. But knowing that there are cheaper and possibly equal alternatives in the Asian market, I will keep looking.

      I actually have about 15 sheet masks coming. 3 from Missha US and a box of 10 and 2 singles from sasa.com

      I will have a better idea of the price-worth of these afterwards!

      Delete
  4. If you enjoy sheet masks, I would recommend the My Beauty Diary brand (www.beautydiary.com.tw/en/aboutus.htm). You can buy them from sasa.com (www.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/searchProduct.jspa?brandId=6614) or at T&T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I ordered from sasa.com 2 days ago and I got a box of 10 strawberry yogurt sheet masks and 2 other single sheet masks by other brands. Can't wait to try these and see if they really are as good as this one.

      Delete
  5. I will be trying the mask I got in my topbox once the intolerance in my skin goes away. I don't want to add anything else to my face for fear it will freak out again. LOL love your review and the comments about the other sheet masks as well. I will be checking the links out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your review! Can't wait to give it a try. I was a little leering about this mask since the last one i tried was so greasy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't wait to try this mask! i got the same one as you. :)

    ReplyDelete