Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Regular Girl FOTD featuring Cargo Mascara

My first FOTD (face of the day) post, featuring Cargo mascara!

I got a mini Cargo mascara in my eBeauty summer bag and finally got around to trying it. I'd been waiting until I finished my other 2 mascaras. Well, as with any mascara since I don't wear it too often "finished" means "gets old". One of them was starting to irritate my eyes when I wore it and the other was getting dry and clumpish.

The Cargo mascara in one coat gives me a much bolder look than I got with the other two (Covergirl and Maybelline ones... One was purple and big, other was pink with green top and boxy. Anyway)

Here's a look at my one-coat Cargo mascara:





I wish I was able to take a better picture with my phone but I'm not managing to... I think we can see the lashes though. One coat on top, some light dabbing on the bottom to avoid spider lashes.

Here is the full product list for my FOTD:


  • Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation in light 48 (passed a wet sponge on it to make it less foundation-y)
  • Lippy Girl blush in Tongue in Cheek (love it, also from eBeauty bag, see Canadian Beauty's review I love a subtle pink blush so this is my fave)
  • A bit of bronzer by Annabelle on eyelids quick-quick and below blush area
  • Revlon super lustrous lip gloss in Nude Lustre
  • Cargo mascara!





6 comments:

  1. your lashes are amazing! i think the whole look you put together looks good :) if only one coat of mascara can do such wonders to my eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for that thing between my eyes to heal. It seems to just be getting worse, it was bleeding this morning like a cut would... Not good. I hope it won't get bad to the point of leaving a scar, that would really suck. And right now I feel like it's stealing my "look". lol

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that's only one coat; I'm impressed. How well does this mascara stay? I have the sweatiest eyes ever and always get raccoon eyes by the end of the day unless I use Bobbi Brown No Smudge. But, I'd love to find something more dramatic that also doesn't smudge. Also? Smudge is a hilarious word. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty sweaty eyes too and everything seemed OK yesterday when I wore it but let me give it another couple days to see. Unfortunately I didn't put any on today...

      Delete
  3. You look so nice.why don't you wear contacts more often?I love your lip gloss too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I don't wear contacts at all. This is just me before I put on my glasses ;)

      Delete