Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Glossybox (Canada) Unboxing

I received my July Glossybox this morning. It's not July anymore but I can't complain since Glossybox made an exception for me for the June box and sent it in July. Basically, I got a box about 2 weeks ago so I didn't even have to wait a month for this :)


I got:

  • John Frieda Frizz-ease hair serum (24ml = 7.20$ worth)
  • Dove visiblecare softening creme bodywash (200ml FULL SIZE = 5.99$ worth)
  • Alessandro Pedix Heel Rescue (30ml = 5.99$ worth)
  • Eucerin calming cream (extra tiny 5ml = 0.30$ worth)
  • Zoya nail polish (15ml FULL SIZE = 8.00$ worth)
  • BeautySoClean sanitizer wipes (4 wipes = 1.04$ worth)
TOTAL WORTH: 28.52$

I saw two other boxes (Canadian Beauty and Frugal Elegance) and I did not get the Burt's Bees lip product that they got... I got the tiniest sample ever of cream for dry... face(?) instead. I did get a bigger Frizz-ease sample than Canadian Beauty but my product card said it should be full sized and it was not. I will contact Glossybox to see if the error was in my box or on the product card. I'm not complaining because the worth of this box is still high, but I'm curious for sure.

Here are some pics of three of the products:

Have you ever seen such a tiny sample?

This is a good sample size at 24ml, it's half the full size product.

A look at my Zoya nail polish colour

OVERALL THOUGHTS 


I'm happy with my box. The products are all usable for me and that's always a good thing. Glossybox seems to be going with high worth and low risk with their boxes by going with useful products that people mostly like using. Customers might not be as "wowed" with the selection as they might be with a higher risk box but they have lower chances of being disappointed as well, and the other positive of having useful, high-worth boxes is that they are easier to take over a longer period of subscription time. 

Feel free to use my link on the right side of my blog to subscribe to Glossybox if you're interested! 

8 comments:

  1. I saw on the FB page that a lot of girls unsubscribed after June's drugstore box and this months box, which they also deemed 'drugstore'. I personally was much happier with this months box, BUT I got the burts bees rather than a 5ml sample of hand cream (why bother? that is like one use!!). If I got your box I may have been less impressed.
    I think GB made a mistake on your product card in stating you got a full sized frizz-ease. they make mistakes on their product cards ALL THE TIME which is so unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! What version were you? V3? Thanks for linking my blog in, I'll do the same for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh which Zoya did you get? It looks pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got July E V3 so yes, that seems to be version 3 and maybe E means something?

    The Zoya polish is called Kimber and on the website they describe it as: "Rich, bright and saturated medium magenta pink with strong gold metallic shimmer and a foil-like finish. A huge hit of color and a shot of shiny gold metal make this polish look electric."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this exact same box except my polish was Wednesday a pretty teal creme. Love your blog I'm your newest follower! I would love if you would follow back! I am having a giveaway feel free to enter!

    :) chelsey

    industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the same box but my nail polish was an orange color called "arizona"

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm thanks for listing the differences! i just got mine today and came on blogger to compare. i'm a V2 - got the Burt's Bees and "Shelby" color for Zoya. will post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I love the color of that nailpolish.

    ReplyDelete