Monday, June 18, 2012

Eminence Sun Defense Minerals REVIEW






I have very sensitive skin, prone to redness, dry on the chin and cheeks, oily in the forehead... So not just any product will do and I've been trying different things to find mild, natural products that work for me. I tried a few samples from the company Eminence and bought this product which I'll review.

The company
A Hungarian company which makes 100% natural and organic skincare products

Products

They make all sorts of products... A very wide range of skin care products for any skin type oily, dry, normal, also for conditions like acne or rosacea; from cleansers to tonics to moisturizers to masques to serums to eye and lip care to body lotions to sun defense products (like the one I will review). As far as I know their products are used in spas a lot - you can't find it in pharmacies.

Price range
I guess we can just put it in the high end range. My mineral powder brush costs 58$ online most places I saw (like amazon and 2 other skin care product websites) though my cousin sells it for less than that in her salon and I got 20% off as family rebate. The 60ml moisturizing creams are around 60$ I think and 60ml exfoliating masque I tried as a sample around 45$ I think. (to give an idea)

Go to their website to learn more if you wish. www.eminenceorganics.com

Review of the SPF 30 Sun Defense Minerals
Use:

Basically the powder is inside this thing you see and after initial set up by pumping the back, we should not have to do anything to it except a few taps on the wrist to distribute the product in the brush. So it's very easy to use, all we have to do is apply it in small circles all over the face. For more coverage, we can apply it longer. 

Shades:

The product comes in 6 shades from translucent 0 to cinnamon bronzer 5. 0 is for any skin and won't really show, 1 is for lighter skin in cool undertones, 2 for lighter skin in warm undertones, 3 for medium skin in cool undertones, 4 for medium skin in warm tones and I'm guessing by the name that 5 is mostly a bronzer. 

I tried both 1 and 3, both of which would have actually worked on me and ended up taking 3 since it gave a bit more colour and life. And my skin is pretty light. I'm thinking this wouldn't be a good product for darker skin.

Application and feel:

I really enjoy the product's easy application and I like the smell which also helps confirm that the product is coming out because we don't see it really when applying in an artificially lit bathroom. It's extremely light and I could honestly not feel it on my skin. It's described as hypoallergenic and anti-inflammatory which for me is a big plus with my sensitive, red skin. I have to say, this product is just fusing with my skin to feel better than a freshly clean face and you don't get that with most powders. 

Sun defense:

This powder is supposed to be SPF 30. I went outside yesterday in the sun for quite a while and I got a pretty good sunburn on both my arms and my neck, but none on my face. So yes, it works! I will prefer to use sunscreen under my powder when I go out for longer periods of time, but that's just an added precaution I want to take. It's important to be protected from the sun even for small 10 minute exposures here and there which add up and this is perfect for that, or for someone who wears a large-brimmed hat for example. I can't say it's not just fine for longer more intense sun exposure because it was just fine when I used it yesterday, but I somehow feel the need for more anyway - maybe because it doesn't feel all sticky and yucky like sunscreen. lol

Coverage:

The coverage is light. It doesn't cover up everything like the reddest parts of the face. As someone who doesn't wear any make-up, I see a difference in that my skin is a bit more even and matte. 

How long will it last?

The product should last 4-6 months easily from what I've been told by people who bought it before me (and who use it daily). They've had it for a couple months and still have quite a bit left. It might last a bit less time during summer if you apply it multiple times during the day (and you should, like on lunch hour at work if you go out for a walk).

Overall: 

I'm very pleased with the product and I put it on every single day. This is the only make-up that is part of my daily routine. From trying 4 other products which I got samples of and reading about this company, I can say that I believe in what they're doing. I have nothing to "disclose" about my review because I bought the product with my own money. 

19 comments:

  1. Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few
    of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm
    not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Have a look at my website: business Oppurtunities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't write a bunch of comments, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Eminence Sun Defense Minerals REVIEW". And I actually do have some questions for you if it's allright.

    Is it just me or does it appear like a few of these remarks look
    like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P
    And, if you are writing on other online social sites,
    I would like to keep up with anything new you have
    to post. Would you make a list of every one of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page
    or twitter feed?

    Also visit my site - money with clickbank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established
    blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks

    Here is my website: best hosting company

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thank you

    Feel free to surf to my blog post Search engine optimisation consultant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Link exchange is nothing else however it is just placing the other
    person's website link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same in favor of you.

    Also visit my weblog - Website Hosting Plans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you
    using for this site? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've
    had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My web site ... seo expert training

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother recommended I might like this website.
    He used to be totally right. This submit truly made my day.
    You can not consider just how much time I had spent for this info!

    Thank you!

    My page krankenversicherung kosten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against
    hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    Also visit my blog post search engine optimization for dummies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good respond in return of this question with solid
    arguments and describing everything concerning that.


    Also visit my web-site - home Equity loans nj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I check your new stuff like every week.
    Your story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work!



    Feel free to surf to my web page: all inclusive cheap
    Also see my web page :: honeymoon packages

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure this article has touched all the internet people, its really really fastidious
    article on building up new blog.

    Also visit my website: kredit ohne probleme
    my web page > umschuldung trotz schufa eintrag

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't write many responses, however I browsed a few of the responses on this page "Eminence Sun Defense Minerals REVIEW". I actually do have some questions for you if it's
    okay. Could it be only me or do a few of the comments come
    across as if they are written by brain dead people?
    :-P And, if you are posting on other online
    social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Would you post a list of the complete urls of all your public pages like your linkedin profile,
    Facebook page or twitter feed?

    My web site: design kleider online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, I discovered your website by way of Google at the same time as looking for a related matter, your site
    got here up, it appears to be like good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just turned into aware of your weblog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful should you continue this in future.
    Numerous people might be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    my web blog: private Krankenversicherung Für beamte vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
    I am hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me
    to get my own, personal site now ;)

    My page privatversicherung vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been browsing on-line more than 3 hours today, but I never found any interesting article like yours. It's lovely worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably
    did, the net will probably be much more helpful than ever before.


    Here is my website :: how to promote products on clickbank

    ReplyDelete
  16. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the thought of a
    user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
    So that's why this article is great. Thanks!

    Take a look at my web-site: refi mortgage rates
    My webpage > mortgage interest rates

    ReplyDelete
  17. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
    coworker who had been doing a little homework on this.
    And he actually ordered me breakfast simply because I discovered it for him.
    .. lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this
    subject here on your web site.

    Feel free to surf to my website: private krankenversicherung angebote

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite justification seemed to be
    on the internet the simplest thing to take into accout of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other people think about concerns that they just do not understand
    about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the entire thing with
    no need side effect , other folks can take a signal.
    Will probably be again to get more. Thanks

    My webpage hawaii two island vacation packages

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking
    back often!

    My blog: entrepreneur business idea

    ReplyDelete